This is a short dictation about snakes. I really don't understand how people can keep snakes as pets. They just seem a bit scary to me.
- a long limbless reptile which has no eyelids, a short tail, and jaws that are capable of considerable extension. Some snakes have a venomous bite.
- a treacherous or deceitful person.E.g. that man is a cold-blooded snake
- a former system of interconnected exchange rates for the currencies of EC countries.E.g. the snake did not have any provision for strong currency nations to help the weak
- a long flexible wire for clearing obstacles in piping.
- move or extend with the twisting motion of a snake.E.g. a rope snaked down
You're listening to Joanna
She has an American accent and expects you to use American spelling.
Listen to the complete text from start to finish.
What time of year can you see snakes in your country? In my country I can see snakes any time of year. I don't like snakes, but the snakes we have here are not dangerous. Some people keep snakes as pets, but I think that is very strange! I think it is good that snakes live in the wild and not too close to people.
Now listen to the slower version and type what you hear into the text box.
New to Ringo Lingo?
Register for free and download PDF of this dictation's words
While we're in Beta, you can use all Ringo Lingo features for FREE
How to use the Ringo Lingo Multi-Player
The Ringo Lingo Multi-Player has been sepecially designed to make it as easy as possible for you to listen to and complete dictation exercises. It's a bit more complex than a standard audio player, so we've covered its special features and tools below.